How to build your own linear adjustable power supply based on LM317.
In this tutorial I’ll explain how linear power supply works, what parts it consists of and a lot of small details, like how to calculate smoothing capacitor value, or how to choose a transformer. Plus you’ll see how to build an actual power supply.
You’ll find schematics, datasheets and photos at the end of this page.
Schematics & datasheets:
- Main Board Schematic Rev.2 – The same as in the video
- Main Board Schematic Rev.3
- Metering Panel PSU Schematic
- EagleCAD Project Files
- LM317 Datasheet from National Semi
- LM317 Datasheet from TI
- LM1117 Datasheet from National Semi
Videos from other people on similar topics:
- Electronics Thermal Heatsink Design Tutorial from Dave Jones
- Diode Tutorial & How to build an AC to DC power supply from Afrotechmods
- Electrical Transformer Tutorial from Afrotechmods
All photos are clicable!